CIS 5.5 Beta Available Soon
CIS (Cerberus Internet Scanner) is a vulnerability scanner designed to help administrators find and fix security holes in their systems. It has an easy to use graphical interface and runs on Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000.
CIS has been well received by the security community and network administrators for the following reasons:
- It is simple to use; just specify a host to scan and go!
- It provides simple, clear, concise HTML reports with all the information you need to fix the problem
- There are no complex setups; the executables can simply be copied and run
- There is a command line option for running multiple scans in batch mode – just type “CIS [hostname]” at the command prompt
- It scans for a broad range of vulnerabilities in Web servers, NetBIOS, SMTP, FTP, POP3, SQL Server, Nt Registry configuration, NT Services, Web browser configuration, finger, DNS and RPC
- It’s fast!
The beta version of CIS will add several new features:
- New web checks
- More configurable options: selectable web server/SQL server/SNMP agent ports, selectable SMTP relay check address
- Account / Group auditing checks
- R* services checks
- SNMP audit checks
- ICMP Checks
- UDP / TCP Portscanning